Home SPORTS UFC Tristan Connelly is among the latest batch of UFC roster cuts

Tristan Connelly is among the latest batch of UFC roster cuts

- Advertisement -


With the news that the UFC had cut five fighters from its roster this week, it seemed highly likely that we hAcesparks’t seen the end of the promotion’s spring housecleaning. True to expectations, it looks like another four fighters will be finding their next MMA bouts outside the Octagon.

That news comes from the removal of a fresh batch of athletes from the UFC.com online rosters, as tracked by the UFC Roster Watch Twitter bot. Most notable among the apparent releases is former welterweight-turned-featherweight Tristan Connelly. The Canadian fighter made an electric UFC debut back in 2019, defeating current rising contender Michel Pereira by decision. Unfortunately for Connelly, his career has since been hampered by injuries. A 2021 move to featherweight resulted in back-to-back losses, to Pat Sabatini and Darren Elkins.

Joining Connelly is fellow Canadian featherweight TJ Laramie. A standout regionally, Laramie punched his ticket to the UFC during the 2020 Contender Series season. Laramie went 0-2 with the world’s largest MMA promotion, however, with a first round sub loss to Darrick Minner and his own decision loss to Sabatini this last April.

TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter confirmed Connelly & Laramie had been released from the promotion.

Felipe Colares and Niklas Stolze round out the reported cuts. Colares suffered the first stoppage loss of his career in May, in a 3rd round TKO defeat to Chase Hooper — also losing back-to-back fights for the first time in the process. Stolze went 0-3 during his brief UFC career, dropping fights to Ramazan Emeev, Jared Gooden, and Benoit Saint-Denis. His losses to Gooden and Saint-Denis marked the first stoppage defeats of his career as well.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Must Read

Texas man arrested after making ‘terrorist threat’ toward Supreme Court

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! A man in Texas was arrested after he allegedly made a "terrorist threat" toward the...
- Advertisement -

Chick-fil-A is America’s favorite restaurant for the 8th year in a row

Chick-fil-A has maintained its position as America's favorite restaurant for eight years in a row, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI)....

Disneyland’s ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ ride reopens — with a familiar face

Disneyland's "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride said "Ello, poppet" to eager parkgoers on Friday. The ride - which has been at the California...

Bruce’s Beach, seized by LA in 1924, returned to black family’s descendants

Almost 100 years after the government took their land, it has been returned. This week, the Los Angeles Board of Supervisors unanimously approved...
Related News

Texas man arrested after making ‘terrorist threat’ toward Supreme Court

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! A man in Texas was arrested after he allegedly made a "terrorist threat" toward the...

Chick-fil-A is America’s favorite restaurant for the 8th year in a row

Chick-fil-A has maintained its position as America's favorite restaurant for eight years in a row, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI)....

Disneyland’s ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ ride reopens — with a familiar face

Disneyland's "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride said "Ello, poppet" to eager parkgoers on Friday. The ride - which has been at the California...

Bruce’s Beach, seized by LA in 1924, returned to black family’s descendants

Almost 100 years after the government took their land, it has been returned. This week, the Los Angeles Board of Supervisors unanimously approved...

Crewless Mayflower ship retracing 1620 journey arrives at Plymouth Rock

A crewless robotic boat retracing the 1620 sea voyage of the Mayflower has landed near Plymouth Rock. The sleek Mayflower Autonomous Ship met with...
- Advertisement -