Home CELEBS 'The Crown' will halt production in wake of Queen's death

‘The Crown’ will halt production in wake of Queen’s death

- Advertisement -


In the wake of the death of Queen Elizabeth II, “The Crown” is expected to take a production hiatus for Season 6.

The longest-reigning monarch in British history, whose dedication to royal tradition and stiff upper lip in the face of family scandals endeared her to generations of Britons, died Sept. 8. She was 96.

The The royal family announced her death from Balmoral Castle, her beloved summer residence in Scotland, where members of the royal family had rushed to her side after her health took a turn for the worse.

“’The Crown’ is a love letter to her and I’ve nothing to add for now, just silence and respect. I expect we will stop filming out of respect too,” Peter Morgan, writer of the popular Netflix show told Deadline.

Season 6 is slated for release in 2023. Meanwhile, Season 5 is set to premiere on the streamer in November.

Morgan, who also wrote the 2006 film “The Queen,” starring Helen Mirren as Her Majesty, has declined to comment further on the monarch’s death.

Netflix has not responded to The Post’s request for comment.

The queen was portrayed by Claire Foy in the first two seasons of the popular show.

Seasons 3 and 4 saw Olivia Colman step up to play the role of Her Majesty in her middle age.

Queen Elizabeth II was the longest-reigning monarch in British history.

Producers for “The Crown” had been prepared for Operation London Bridge, the protocol that establishes what will happen from the moment of the queen’s death to when Prince Charles would be pronounced king.

“We have our own version of Operation London Bridge,” a series insider told The Post. “This is particularly pertinent for if we are filming. Filming will shut down immediately if we are in production, for at least a week. There would also be lots of discussion about when to restart.”

The award winning television show said Rufus Kampa, 16, will play Prince William from the age of 15, while actor Ed McVey, 21, will play him during his late teens and into his early 20s, Deadline reported last week.

As for Duchess Kate Middleton, Meg Bellamy will portray her as a young woman.

The upcoming season will show Princess Diana, Prince Charles and the rest of “the firm” as they deal with the issues that befell them in the 1990s, while Season 6 will move into modern times, chronicling the conflicts they encounter in the 21st century.

.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Must Read

Texas murder suspects out on bond arrested for killing Houston deputy, authorities say

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! Two men out on bond for serial murder cases have been arrested in connection with...
- Advertisement -

Halle Bailey sings as Ariel in Disney’s trailer

ANAHEIM, Calif. – "The Little Mermaid" is swimming and singing again.Disney unveiled the first teaser trailer for the live-action version of the...

Taylor Swift shows ‘All Too Well,’ launches Oscar campaign in Toronto

TORONTO – Taylor Swift, Oscar nominee?A potential run at an Academy Awards run started for the music superstar Friday when she stopped by...

Florida father, son sought after allegedly beating man unconscious at wedding reception, sheriff says

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! A Florida man and his son are being sought for beating a man unconscious at...
Related News

Texas murder suspects out on bond arrested for killing Houston deputy, authorities say

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! Two men out on bond for serial murder cases have been arrested in connection with...

Halle Bailey sings as Ariel in Disney’s trailer

ANAHEIM, Calif. – "The Little Mermaid" is swimming and singing again.Disney unveiled the first teaser trailer for the live-action version of the...

Taylor Swift shows ‘All Too Well,’ launches Oscar campaign in Toronto

TORONTO – Taylor Swift, Oscar nominee?A potential run at an Academy Awards run started for the music superstar Friday when she stopped by...

Florida father, son sought after allegedly beating man unconscious at wedding reception, sheriff says

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! A Florida man and his son are being sought for beating a man unconscious at...

Illinois mayor ‘unhappy,’ says Chicago officials failed to inform him about migrants sent to town

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! The mayor of a suburban Chicago town is expressing frustration at both city and state...
- Advertisement -