Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Parents warned of deadly horror when a child swallows a battery

Must Read

Billie Eilish and Finneas invited to join Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences

Billie Eilish and Finnswho won an Oscar for their James Bond theme earlier this year, have been invited...

Border patrol ‘heartbroken’ over dead migrants in big rig; blame Biden for overwhelming them: lawmaker

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! Overwhelmed Border trol agents were heartbroken after hearing of more...

Texas AG Ken Paxton investigating Walmart over its opioid sales

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! Texas Attorney General Ken xton said Tuesday he is launching...


This is your reminder to keep batteries far, far away from young children.

Duracell and nurse Emma Hammett from UK medical organization First Aid for Life teamed up for new research to offer tips to improve safety around the house.

They surveyed 2,000 participants and – while two-thirds of adults said they’d be unsure what to do if their child swallowed a battery – nearly one in four parents have found their child playing with a loose battery at home.

Fifty-three percent also admitted they casually leave batteries out in the open where youngsters could get at them.

That would be a very bad situation. For instance, ingestion of easy-to-swallow, coin-shaped cells – or button batteries – could lead to life-threatening chemical reactions in as little as two hours, with energy from the battery reacting with saliva to create caustic soda that, in turn, burns into tissue, causing internal bleeding.

If a child swallows a battery, it could burn tissue, causing internal bleeding.

“Taking 10 minutes to check there are no button batteries loose around your home is a simple step to take to make your home safer,” Hammett advised.

“Ensure you have located all the devices within your home that contain button batteries and check they are secure, as well as keeping batteries safely out of sight and reach and recycling used ones appropriately,” she continued.

If you suspect your child has swallowed a battery, she recommends getting them to an emergency room “as soon as possible – don’t delay.”

.

- Advertisement -
Latest News

Billie Eilish and Finneas invited to join Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences

Billie Eilish and Finnswho won an Oscar for their James Bond theme earlier this year, have been invited...

Border patrol ‘heartbroken’ over dead migrants in big rig; blame Biden for overwhelming them: lawmaker

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! Overwhelmed Border trol agents were heartbroken after hearing of more than 50 migrants found dead...

Texas AG Ken Paxton investigating Walmart over its opioid sales

NEWYou can now listen to Acesparks articles! Texas Attorney General Ken xton said Tuesday he is launching an investigation into Walmart's opioid...

Travis Barker reportedly hospitalized in Los Angeles

Travis Barker has been reportedly been hospitalized in Los Angeles. TMZ has reported that Barker - alongside his wife, Kourtney Kardashian - had...

UFC 276 video: Embedded, part 1 – ‘The banter with the boys is always good’

UFC 276 is almost here, and as usual, Embedded is here as well. The show that gives you an inside...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This