Dustin Poirier scored a lightweight bout against Charles Oliveira last weekend, defeating Conor McGregor (again) in UFC 264. It is expected to take place later this year.
In addition to fighting the Do Bronx, Poirier said he believes a fourth fight with Notorious is inevitable. After McGregor threatened Poirier (and his family) with death, the American told McGregor that he wanted him down in a cage or on foot, some along the line.
And now you can add a third fighter to fight Poirier. Yesterday, Nate Diaz called on Poirier to “shoot”. Still, 209’s best games have shown that they want the UFC to fight in the middleweight division.
After a two-year hiatus after two fights with McGregor, Diaz was booked for the 2018 UFC 230 bout against Poirier. But due to Pirie’s injury, the fight was canceled. Diaz then clashed with Anthony Pettis, who was defeated in UFC 241 in 2019. Poirier’s next bout was a unanimous decision to temporarily beat Max Holloway in the lightweight division after a canceled reservation.
According to Poirier’s response on Twitter, Diamond is ready to throw in “any weight” with Diaz.
I wanted to touch you at any weight
– Olmos (@DustinPoirier) July 16, 2021
Poirier lost to UFC 242 in a championship fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov after defeating Holloway. Then, after defeating Dan Hooker last year, he set his own record at 2-1 against McGregor.
Diaz recently lost to Leon Edwards in UFC 263. Prior to that, in November 2019, he lost to Hokhe Masvidal due to a technical knockout (cut).