The families of Gabbi Petito and Brian Laundry reached an agreement to separate the couple’s belongings after they were released by the FQB, a lawyer told The Post on Thursday.
“A principled agreement has been reached between the two families on the division of property,” said Laundrie family lawyer Steve Bertolino.
“So far I have no other comment.”
Acesparks reported Thursday that a deal on their property was revealed when Petito’s family met with federal agents at the FQB’s field office in Tampa.
The Petito and Laundrie families have been arguing over how to divide the property they seized as evidence as officials after the young couple’s death.
Petito, 22, went missing while traveling around the country with her boyfriend Laundry. His body was found Sept. 19 in a remote Wyoming camp. An autopsy revealed that he had been strangled.
Laundry, 23, who came home alone after Petito went missing, was identified as an interested person in the case, but disappeared from his parents ’home in North Port, Florida.
It became the object of a mass hunt, which was completed only after its remains were found on October 20 in a nearby nature reserve.
Officials say he died of a gunshot wound to the head.
Laundry’s family reportedly tried to retrieve a notebook that officials found next to their son’s body. It is unknown if this is part of the deal reached this week.
Petito’s family, in turn, searched for what Laundry’s parents had left at home.
The couple documented their “van life” journeys on social media, but there have been reports of disagreements between the two, including by Utah police over a domestic violence complaint from an observer who called 911. stop
A report released earlier this month said police in Moab had made a number of mistakes by letting the couple go after police stopped them on August 12.