On Wednesday, Antonio Brown said he would operate on his ankle and accused the bookmakers of hiding his injury and forcing him to play when he was injured.
“I gave up direct pressure from my coach for my loyalty to the game [Bruce Arians] to play without injury, ”Brown said in a statement through his attorney, Sean Burstin. and I gave it all for my team. “
Brown said his ankle played unbearably on his injured ankle and that he did not leave his “brothers” but was “cut” and “dropped” by the bookmakers.
The statement also said the 33-year-old veteran receiver was sitting on the bench, but his coach “ordered” him on the pitch despite his injury status. Brown said he told his coach he couldn’t go and that he received a response from his coach: “YOU’RE RIGHT!
Earlier this week, Arians told Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer that he wanted to bring Brown into the game, which was widely denied by a wide receiver. When he refused a second time, Arians told him to leave.
Burstin also took to Twitter to defend Brown and tore up the Buccaneers organization.
“Antonio Brown has never been injured in his life,” he wrote on Twitter. “It’s unbelievable that people are spreading false rumors that Sunday’s incident was not the result of a well-known ankle injury, but the result of mental health problems. Mental health is important, but basic dignity is also important. #CutAndCage ”
In a statement, Brown said Arians lied without knowing he had an ankle pain and exchanged messages about his health a few days before the game.
“The coach refused to know about my ankle on national television,” the statement said. “That’s 100 percent wrong.”
Brown and Burstin also said the recipient underwent an MRI exam on Monday, which confirmed a previous Tampa Bay Times report and was read and shown by two orthopedic surgeons, including Dr. Martin O’Malley, at a private surgical hospital. broken pieces in his ankle.
The statement also said the bookmakers had ordered Brown to take a second opinion from the HSS’s “little doctor” and called it a “joke”.
Brown said he plans to play again next season after recovering from surgery.