No rice-throwing for this couple: Pyromaniac newlyweds literally went out in a blaze of glory after setting themselves on fire to end their wedding ceremony. A video of the nuptial pyrotechnics currently boasts more than 15.2 million viral views online as of Friday afternoon.
“Their wedding exit makes sparklers look boring,” reads the caption to the absolutely lit clip, which was posted Monday by wedding DJ Russ Powell.
The lovebirds Gabe Jessop and Ambyr Bambyr Mishelle are 42-year-old stunt doubles who work on TV and film sets such as “Yellowstone” and “Hereditary,” so they decided to pay homage to their shared careers during their wedding.
However, very little could prepare most viewers for the stunt, which features pyrotechnics that practically evoked a gender reveal party gone awry, Jam Press reported.
The video of the knot-frying ceremony – captioned “when stunt people marry” – starts off traditionally enough with the bride and groom standing side by side.
However, the event takes a smoldering turn after a man ignites Bambyr’s bouquet with a large incendiary device, whereupon they go up in blazes to a Nick Cage and Sam Elliott in “Ghost Rider.”
The two flames then jog down the aisle holding hands while guests cheer in the background, seemingly unbothered by the fact they’re both on fire.
The fiery footage ends with Jessop and Bambry kneeling as a wedding attendant douses the hot action with a fire extinguisher.
The display of burning passion set the comment section alight with one impressed TikTokker exclaiming, “Damn! A full burn to tie the knot. ”
“NGL… your wedding is gonna be top 10 for life,” seconded DJ Powell in the comments.
“If my marriage is not going to be this lit I’m leaving him at the alter,” added another awestruck commenter.
“I know that the photographer was stressed,” joked one viewer, while another joked about a scenario where the cameraman didn’t capture the moment, typing: “Photographer:‘ Can we have a rerun? I forgot to take off the lens. ‘”
Others compared the scene to Jennifer Lawrence’s flame-festooned dress from “Hunger Games: Catching Fire.”
However, come concerned commenters wondered if the couple was ok following the fireworks.
“So many things could’ve killed them in this video,” said one social media schoolmarm.
“Please tell me the hair was protected,” said another, to which Powell Russ replied: “They both had anti-burn gel in their hair and face, then she had a wig on top.” They were also reportedly wearing fire-proof clothing, Newsweek reported.
He also posted a disclaimer informing viewers that the newlyweds are “trained professionals” and not to “try this at home.”