Apparently, Bobby Fley wanted everything but the sink in the kitchen.
Flay, 56, asked for a big paycheck to stay in the food chain before officially saying goodbye to the cooking company.
The famous chef announced his farewell to the Food Network on October 7 after 27 years.
Prior to Flay’s departure, he was reportedly in talks to secure a multimillion-dollar deal.
“Bobby wanted a $ 100 million contract on the ball field,” the source told People. Beat Bobby Flay star was looking for a deal that would compete with Food Network star Gay Fierre’s $ 80 million contract.
The insider found that comparing the two’s contract was “not an apple with an apple.”
“I have a three-year contract with Guy,” the insider continued. “The terms Bobby was looking for were different from cash. The terms were longer, the scope of work was different and therefore the dollars were different. It’s not just $ 80-100 million.”
Eventually, the Discovery-owned network could not come to terms with Flay. “The two sides were very far from each other. It turns out that both can’t and won’t compromise, so the network decided to move forward in that case,” the source told People. “Anyway, it’s really you was more friendly than I thought. It was a strict business. “
Food chain parent company Discovery declined to comment to The Post. Fly representatives did not respond to a comment.
Despite the expiration of his three-year contract, Flay was signing a new contract, but inevitably severed ties with them. However, the talks were fueled by rumors that both sides were “financially distant from each other.”
A source close to the blocked deal had previously confirmed to The Post last week that Discovery had “suspended negotiations” with the author of the cookbook.