Monday, January 24, 2022

50 crew members test positive for COVID on ‘Star Trek: Picard’ set

Must Read

Vince McMahon Isn’t Slowing Down Anytime Soon

Vince McMahon, who is 76 years old, is still going strong. According to one of his...

Jacob Panetta cut after making racist gesture at Jordan Subban

On Sunday, ECHL defender Jacob Panetta disqualified him indefinitely before releasing him on Saturday night for racist acts...

Moynihan Food Hall brings artisanal — and democracy — to Penn Station area

Hungry and thirsty Moynihan Train Hall users no longer have to trudge outside to neighborhood joints to eat...


Star Trek: Picard stopped production after reports that more than 50 crew members had passed a positive test for COVID-19.

Sources told the Hollywood Reporter that work on the Patrick Stewart drama was suspended Monday after the holiday break.

The surprisingly high number shows how Omicron’s rise has affected the film and television industry.

The show has a very large staff of more than 450 members. Both crews, some of the actors working without moving away from each other or without personal protective equipment, passed the positive test.

Insiders told the publication that “although details remain unclear, filming is expected to continue early next week.”

Star Trek: Picard will be shot in Los Angeles and was recently extended for a third season at Paramount +. Season 2 of the show is currently being filmed.

According to Deadline, 81-year-old Stewart was not among those infected. Stars include Alison Pill, Isa Briones, Evan Evagora, Michelle Hurd, Santiago Cabrera, Jerry Ryan, Annie Versching and Brent Spiner.

Recently, production at other CBS shows such as NCIS and NCIS: LA was discontinued. Omicron’s growth has also forced it to delay Grammy Awards and Critics Choice Awards.

The Academy of Records said in a Grammy statement earlier this week: “After a careful review and analysis by city and state officials, health and safety experts, the artistic community and many of our partners, academy and CBS postponed the 64-year-old Grammy. Awards show. ”

Sources told the Hollywood Reporter that the filming process is “expected to continue early next week, if not sooner.”

“The health and safety of those in our music community, the live audience and the hundreds of people who work tirelessly to produce the show remains our top priority,” the statement said. “Given the uncertainty surrounding the Omicron option, holding a demonstration on January 31 involves a lot of risks,” he said. We look forward to celebrating the biggest night of music next year, which will be announced soon. ”

The Sundance Film Festival in Utah has also canceled its personal segment and will hold a virtual show from January 20 to 30 instead.

“While not having a personal experience in Utah is a huge loss, we don’t believe it’s safe and impossible to gather thousands of artists, audiences, staff, volunteers and partners from around the world for an 11-day festival. “Liberated communities are already struggling to provide the services they need,” Sundance officials said recently.

.

- Advertisement -
Latest News

Vince McMahon Isn’t Slowing Down Anytime Soon

Vince McMahon, who is 76 years old, is still going strong. According to one of his...

Jacob Panetta cut after making racist gesture at Jordan Subban

On Sunday, ECHL defender Jacob Panetta disqualified him indefinitely before releasing him on Saturday night for racist acts against South Carolina Stingrays defender...

Moynihan Food Hall brings artisanal — and democracy — to Penn Station area

Hungry and thirsty Moynihan Train Hall users no longer have to trudge outside to neighborhood joints to eat and make merry. Vornado Realty Trust...

A shooting took place at a home party in Los Angeles, killing 4 people and injuring 1

Four people were killed and another was injured in a shooting at a home in the Los Angeles area early Sunday morning, according...

Beto O’Rourke was “not interested” in Biden’s help during the Texas gubernatorial campaign

NEWNow you can listen to Acesparks articles! Texas gubernatorial candidate Beto O'Rourke told reporters Friday that he was "not interested" in President...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This